Tree @2.6 (Download .tar.gz)
ZDoomRL: Gameplay Modifications for DoomRL Arsenal
This is a set of addons/modifications for DoomRL Arsenal. Most of the provided features are packaged separately and can be used independently of each other. And, as with DoomRL Arsenal itself, these can be used with any map pack.
These addons were developed as single-player modifications. They were not tested in multiplayer, and it is unknown whether or not they will work there, and to what extent.
make from the top-level directory, then pass any or all of the resulting PK3 files as
-file arguments to ZDoom, after DoomRL Arsenal's.
The individual Make recipes for the included mods are provided in parenthesis. You can use the
bundle recipe to bundle all the PK3 files you made into a single file,
zdoomrl.pk3, to simplify your ZDoom command line.
Version Compatibility Table
|1.0||Arsenal 1.05, Monsters 6.2|
|2.0||Arsenal 1.1, Monsters 7.1|
|2.1-2.4||Arsenal 1.1.2, Monsters 7.2|
|2.5-2.6||Arsenal 1.1.3-1.1.4, Monsters 7.3|
Player data is automatically migrated on startup when switching to a newer version.
Zeta-Dimensional Shopping System
This modification adds a shop, in which you can sell off any unneeded weapons and items (which you keep finding, but always regret having to leave behind), accumulate credits and use them to give yourself an edge in your next unlucky playthrough.
The main features include:
- Sell off any unneeded weapons and items;
- Buy any of the items you have previously found;
- A long list of unlockables to unlock;
- A life insurance system to help you cheat death, if you have the cash (with auto-renewal options);
- Get bounties for playing Doom in a normal way;
- Keep your accomplishments across playthroughs;
- Use a special inventory item to pick up any items that happened to drop in an inaccessible location.
Press the Activate Shop button (default:
/) to trigger a sale or open the shop.
The shopping system is optimized to reduce fiddling wherever possible. As such, only uncommon items can be sold, and it is not possible to turn a profit from making assemblies for sale.
Your player data is saved in the background, usually within two seconds of any change. You can disable this from the mod's submenu in the DoomRL Arsenal Options menu, or wipe your player data to a blank slate.
Nuclear Barrel Early Warning System
This modification marks nuclear barrels, the bane of your one-death, no-saves playthrough, on the automap and emits a warning sound and message on your approach, complimenting the flavor message that DoomRL Arsenal shows on level start.
Fluid Assembly System
This modification removes the assembly prompt when applying modpacks to weapons. Instead, whenever a recipe is fulfilled, the weapon is upgraded automatically. Keep applying mods to the assembly to upgrade it to a higher assembly tier that shares parts of the same recipe.
Keep in mind, however, that not all assemblies accept all modpack types, which may block some upgrade paths.
This modification removes all difficulty levels and locks the difficulty on Ultra Violence. With this, skill selection during New Game is skipped, letting you jump into action faster. With both this and No Perks, the game starts immediately.
alwaysuv.pk3 must be passed to ZDoom after the DoomRL Arsenal Monsters package for the change to take effect.
This modification removes all player classes and lets you play as the default, perkless variant. While DoomRL Arsenal after version 1.1 includes a menu option to disable player classes, it still forces you to pick one during New Game; With this modification, player class selection during New Game is skipped entirely, letting you jump into action faster. With both this and Always UV, the game starts immediately.
noperks.pk3 must be passed to ZDoom after the main DoomRL Arsenal package for the change to take effect.
This mod's canonical project page resides at http://simonvolpert.com/zdoomrl/
Discussion about the mod is held at ZDoom Forum.
I gratefully accept appreciation for my work in material form at bitcoincash:qp9uyvryssulrqhe5wh20g50runt43e0zvqhslw0f5.
git clone https://simonvolpert.com/zdoomrl/
- Bump version and update compatibility table Simon Volpert 1 year, 6 months ago
- Don't allow the blaster to have more than one T mod (upstream bug workaround) Simon Volpert 1 year, 6 months ago
- Rename the shop description of the Trigun to match its in-game description Simon Volpert 1 year, 6 months ago
- Drop extraneous ammo on backpack switch or removal in addition to sale Simon Volpert 1 year, 6 months ago
- Add Bitcoin Cash tip address to README Simon Volpert 1 year, 6 months ago
- Add spacer between options and full wipe command in MenuDef Simon Volpert 1 year, 8 months ago
- Add build files to .gitignore Simon Volpert 1 year, 8 months ago
- Normalize options menu case Simon Volpert 1 year, 8 months ago
- Remove unnecessary comparisons Simon Volpert 1 year, 8 months ago
- Add option to not carry over your credits between campaigns Simon Volpert 1 year, 8 months ago