A reverse task scheduler
autorun-parts is a crude, deficient, bug-ridden reimplementation of cron.
Well, not really. More accurately, it's a kind of "reverse task scheduler"; What it does is iterate through a directory with scripts and execute the ones that "want" to be executed. A script is considered "wanting" to be executed when the system time matches a cron-like schedule string inside the script. The syntax of the cron-string is as follows:
#@ minute hour day month weekday
Where all values are numeric (including
weekday, which is the weekday number as printed by
date +%w) and
#@ is a literal
#@. A small subset of cron notation is supported: using
* as "any" and passing several alternate field values in a comma-separated list.
After you have added the cron-string to your script files, have
autorun-parts execute with your preferred scheduler, with the paths of your script directories as the arguments.
To indicate to
autorun-parts that you are executing it less frequently than every minute and that some of the time marks in the cron-string should not be taken into account when deciding whether it is time to run a script, specify one of the following frequency flags as the first argument:
-h hourly (minutes are ignored) -d daily (hours and minutes are ignored) -m monthly (days, hours and minutes are ignored)
weekday mark is always honored.
This program is free software, released under the Apache License, Version 2.0. See the LICENSE file for more information.
The program's canonical project page resides at https://simonvolpert.com/autorun-parts/
I gratefully accept appreciation for my work in material form at bitcoincash:qp9ctaaz4rczxwf06wv34mq0ffv9gcvcfsm3sc9nuc.
git clone https://simonvolpert.com/autorun-parts/
- Remove an unmatched closing bracket Simon Volpert 1 year, 9 months ago
- Tweak README headings Simon Volpert 1 year, 9 months ago
- Add a tip link to README Simon Volpert 1 year, 10 months ago
- Expand the usage message Simon Volpert 1 year, 10 months ago
- Update the README Simon Volpert 1 year, 10 months ago
- Rewrite the program to support the "," cron notation Simon Volpert 1 year, 10 months ago
- Add a license Simon Volpert 1 year, 10 months ago
- Initial write-up Simon Volpert 4 years ago